Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Review: ELF Studio Blushes

Hi you guys. Since I am restarting up this beauty blog, I decided to put up similar posts from last time with better pictures. Anyways this is a review on the ELF Studio Blushes which can be found at some Targets and on the eyeslipsface website for just the cheap price of $3! I have 3 out 11(technically 10 if Gotta Glow, the white highlight, isn't counted) of their blushes in the colors: Candid Coral, Mellow Mauve, and Peachy Keen but I hope to buy more in the future. If I do, I'll update this post with more swatches.


This product mentions that "The soft sheer texture blends into the skin for a silky finish. Designed to be worn alone or layered for more depth. Highlight your complexion with a subtle healthy glow!" I definitely believe that this description is correct. It is really soft, smooth, pigmented, and it gives me glowy looking cheeks. But let me go on and mention the pros and cons from my experience and thoughts. By the way I do have oily combination skin so it might differ in results with everyone.

Pros:
- Cheap $3
- Easy to work with
- Smooth and soft
- Sleek, well closed packaging
- Comes with a small mirror
- Has a little "window" so you can see the color
- Glowy cheeks
- Various colors with different finishes

Cons:
- Name on the sticker is a bit too small to read.
- Isn't finely milled enough so it can have a "bumpy" appearance after some use. (but no big deal)
- Doesn't wear all day but for a good few hours (on my oily/combo skin at least)


Here are the swatches and pictures of the product! :)
**CLICK THE PICTURE TO ENLARGE**
  This is Mellow Mauve. A purple/pink/mauve color.
No shimmer. One of my faves :)

This is Candid Coral. A peachy pink more on the pink side with gold shimmer.
Very glowy. My second favorite.


This is Peachy Keen. It is definitely a peach color with a slight pink tinge to it.
(But the pink is a bit washed out here :/)
It also has gold shimmer. It's almost like a very light bronzer.
I think this is too dark to be a highlight but it is nice for glowy summer-like cheeks.

 This is just few swiped swatches.
Left to right: Candid Coral, Peachy Keen, and Mellow Mauve


Thanks for reading my review :)
There will be more to come in the future.

*** This post will be edited if I get more of the
ELF Studio Blushes with swatches and pics.

No comments:

Post a Comment