Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Review: MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural

Alright this is my second review but on a high end product this time.
It is on the MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, which is supposedly a:
"A luxurious domed face powder with minerals, slowly baked to provide a dimensional yet natural-matte finish. Provides perfect low coverage. Use to set and fix foundation or as a touch-up throughout the day"
For reference..
I believe I am a NC37 - NC40  and I use Medium Dark for this powder.

Pros: 
- finely milled
- soft and smooth texture
- evens out skin
- gives light coverage
- matte finish
- great packaging
- variety of colors for different
skin tones
- good for setting foundation, concealer, etc.
- flawless finish if used right 
- lasts a long time (I've had this for a little over six months and I FINALLY hit pan)

Cons:
- doesn't last all day (gets oily after a couple of hours)
- it's PRICEY! ($29 on the MAC website but I got it off of Ebay for $19)
- has tiny, fine shimmers in it.. but it doesn't show up when applied to the skin
- cracks easily in the center if too much pressure is applied so be careful.
- the dome disappears/flattens after some use...(if that's considered bad lol)



Here are some pictures!
** CLICK TO ENLARGE
 Left is a light swatch and Right is heavy.
Below it is blended out which you can't see because that's
how fine the powder is. :)



Thank you for reading this review!
Hope that you'll continue to support me 
                         and visit my blog. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment